Thursday, May 27, 2010

Not scolded

Nope, Dr. Nelson only laughed when I said that I didn't lay down 3 times a day for an hour each. He even laughed when I told him about not minding his lifting restrictions. I don't know what it means when a brain surgeon laughs at you...but at least I'm still here.

So now my rather expensive (and stunningly gorgeous) glasses, aka "face jewelry" do not work any more. They actually make my eyesight worse. Not a fault of the glasses. I got them when my tumor was pretty bad. So I have abandoned them for regular-el cheapo-Target sunglasses and a little pair of readers! Not for 30 years have I walked around without my face jewelry--I feel a little strange :/ It's like going without earrings--and if you know me, you know I NEVER do that!

Dr. Nelson said that my eyesight could keep changing for several months. Evidently, the optic nerves are still in rebound mode. Whatever sight I have in a year will likely be what I'm stuck with for the long term. So I'll hold off of getting new glasses for a while.

In the mean time, it's proving a challenge to get used to just looking through the readers at close range and not looking through them to distance. Whacky blurrrr! Oh, and if you use readers, please tell me how you can wear them on your head and STILL use a little nice hair product without smudge-city? Do tell!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Better to hang those readers around your neck -- an excuse for another fashion accessory!

    ReplyDelete